Monday 24 September 2007

It’s finally happening – for me too!

The cheeky husband was all too eager to rub in the fact that I was having a few wee…er…issues with booking my plane tickets.

You see, Employment is a beast whose very nature is such that he (yes, he can only be male) will turn round, bite you in the a$$ like a rabid dog and hold on till hell freezes over. As I do not posses the competence nor the desire to navigate to hell (not yet anyway), I had to resort to other means – namely low necklines and high hems, which, in retrospect, was bound to have some dire consequences. Nevertheless, what matters now is that the beast has been tamed.
Employment 0 Preet 1
Although, like all good gory battles, this one comes with its scars – I have to leave a full 2 weeks later than Gurcharan!
Which means:
  1. I miss the Vegetarian Festival
  2. I have to travel on my own
  3. I have to work while Gurcharan gets cajoled on the beach by the Thai ladies of the night

Where is the justice in that?

Take another look at the score board shall we:

Employment 3 Preet 1

No comments: