Wednesday 23 January 2008

Chiang Mai - 23rd Jan 08 - Thai cooking school

Today, finally the blog is pretty much up to date, this has been more work then anticipated, but worth it. Preet is at a cookery course as i type learning some vegi Thai cooking, which is great for me when I get back to the UK. I have been watting again (visiting the temples. Wat is temple in Thai) and walking around the city and sampling some normal local life. Right, pictures to go up later, im hungry, I spotted a vegetarian restaurant so im going to get my fill!

Its an apron - not my outfit!

They taught us to carve this beautiful lotus flower out of an onion!
Everyone's attempts - can you spot the one done By the instructor?
Some more pretty pictures - mmmmm the food was SO yummy!

The team - each had his or her own wok and cooker. Very professional place.
I cooked fish cakes. Except mine were the vegetarian variety made of soya - sooooo goooood! mmm!
This was my atempt at a rose - this was made out of a tomato.
They took us to the fruit and veg market in the morning to introduce us to Thai vegs.
Not sure what this is - but it looks pretty!



Yes - this i saw at the veg market! Yes - it is for consumption!!!!!!!


Thai Green Curry - we made this from scratch. So now when I get home i'll treat you all to a great big Thai feast! haha!

No comments: